Electrical Wiring and Installation
ShineTech Electrical provides domestic and commercial electrical installation services for new builds, and partial or full electrical rewiring services for existing homes and business premises.
We operate across all London boroughs and the home counties.
The electrics are part of the backbone of any building. Regardless of the building’s purpose, when it comes to electrical installation, safety and reliability are crucial. Other important factors we always consider are ease of use and energy efficiency.
A fixed-wire electrical installation includes:
- The complete assembly of cables and cable management systems
- The selection and installation of appropriate circuit protection devices
- The selection of the correct types of electrical accessories, and
- The implementation of other electrical safety requirements and mechanisms.
There are various types of systems and methods of electrical installation or wiring. There are several internal and external factors that are essential in determining which of these systems and methods to apply. These include:
- The nature of the premises
- The location of the installation
- The intention of the building’s use
- Characteristics of the main electrical supply.
Electrical Installation Certificates (EIC)
Every new electrical installation must be inspected, tested and certified before it can be handed over to the end-user or client.
Once this has been done, an Electrical Installation Certificate must be issued to confirm that, so far as is reasonably practicable, the installation duly complies with the requirements of the Wiring Regulations, BS7671 current edition (as of now 18th edition).
An Electrical Installation Certificate is required for all new installations as well as when major alterations or additions are made to an existing installation.
In addition to the certification, for all new installations and major electrical works in domestic premises, the local authority’s building control service must be notified.
There is a wide range of electrical cables available. Examples of the electrical cables which are commonly used across fixed-wire electrical installations are:
- Twin and earth (T&E)
- Single cable
- Steel wire armoured cable (SWA)
- Hi tuff
- Mineral insulated copper-clad cable (MICC or MI cable) popularly known as pyro
- Fire-resistant cable (FP cable)
In certain circumstances, some of these cables do not require a cable containment system, as they can be managed with a clipped direct method.
Cable management/containment systems
A range of cable management or containment systems is used to support and protect electrical cables. Examples of cable management components include:
- Mini trunking
- Compartment trunking
- Metal trunking
- Cable trays and baskets
- Metal and plastic conduits